Statement of Inclusion
St. Andrew’s Episcopal School is committed to embracing and promoting diversity among our students, faculty, staff, administration and Trustees. St. Andrew’s curriculum provides our students with varied learning experiences that celebrate the diversity of our society. To this end, our school is a community leader in producing students who are lifelong learners, critical thinkers and open-minded citizens. In addition, all applicants are considered for admission without regard to gender, race, religion, color, and national or ethnic origin.
Objectives of the School
1. To give students an opportunity to worship and develop a greater awareness of God, and to grow in their own personal faith through daily Chapel.
2. To provide a classroom atmosphere that encourages a sense of caring and mutual respect among students as well as between teachers and students.
3. To increase the sense of dignity, self-worth and confidence within each student.
4. To foster within each student a system of values and attitudes including objectivity, open-mindedness, honesty and an appreciation for cultural diversity.
5. To assist the student in acquiring knowledge and understanding through a carefully planned curriculum utilizing a variety of instructional methods, materials, resources and media.
6. To develop in each student the study skills, communication skills and critical thinking skills necessary for 21st century learning.
7. To cultivate each student’s talents, abilities, interests and creativity through art, music, foreign language, physical education, and technology.
8. To utilize educational opportunities provided by parents, teachers, and the surrounding community.
9. To keep the ratio of teacher to student low so that care, attention and instruction can be given to meet each child’s needs.
10. To encourage a sense of concern and responsibility for the environment and community.
11. To develop in all students an enthusiasm for school and learning.
12. To form a partnership with parents through various school activities so together we can ensure student success.