St. Andrew’s Episcopal School was founded in 1946 as an educational mission of the Church. Daily informal classes for kindergarten age children were instituted in the parish house. So great was the need for this service that a formal kindergarten project was started with the opening of the fall term in 1950. Twenty-five children from three to five years of age were enrolled.
In the fall of 1951 two primary grades were added, and by mid-September the first grade had expanded into two sections. During the 1953-54 term, one hundred thirty-five students were enrolled, and the school employed a staff of ten full-time teachers. St. Andrew’s first official school board convened in 1953. A third grade was added in 1954, and the school continued to grow. Progressively, additional grades were added to the school, so that a complete elementary education is presently available.